lowcost holidays complaints
IMPORTANT NOTICE: 1 AUGUST 2016
Dear lowcostholidays customer,
Finbarr O'Connell, Henry Shinners and Colin Hardman of Smith & Williamson LLP and Lane Bednash of CMB Partners UK Ltd were appointed as joint administrators of lowcostholidays on 21 July 2016 by order of the High Court in London. - The company has now gone into administration.
It is important that you keep all receipts of expenses incurred to help you in making any claims for a refund or compensation in due course.
There are various ways in which you can pursue a claim to try and recover the costs of the holiday components booked via the lowcostholidays.com website which are no longer valid. However, the administrators can neither recommend, nor confirm which is the best approach for you, nor can we guarantee that your claim(s) will be successful. The potential claim options are listed below:
- Your credit or debit card issuer. UK customers should visit http://www.theukcardsassociation.org.uk/news/LCTGadvice.asp for guidance in this respect.
- Govern de les Illes Balears (http://www.caib.es / http://www.caib.es/govern/sac/fitxa.do?codi=2657363&coduo=165) who is the regulator of the Spanish Travel Agency.
- Other payment/buyer protection schemes (for example, if you paid for your booking via PayPal, you may be able to claim under PayPal Buyer Protection).
- Personal travel insurance policy. (Note: the Covermore travel insurance sold via lowcostholidays.com does not cover for insolvency). Please check with your travel insurance provider.
- For customers in the Republic of Ireland only, the Irish Commission for Aviation Regulation holds a bond for the repatriation of and refund to customers who have paid for forward bookings with lowcostholidays (including 'flight only' as well as package holidays originating in the Republic of Ireland). Such customers are recommended to visit the Commissions website at http://www.aviationreg.ie for details of how to make a claim
Resolver is free. No adverts, no hidden costs. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.
Know your rights
There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.
Get your voice heard
You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.
How do I make a lowcost holidays complaint using Resolver?
If you want to make a complaint about lowcost holidays using Resolver, then the process could not be simpler. Read and understand your consumer rights then answer a few simple questions to help Resolver prepare your email (which you can review and edit) that clarifies the issue, and gets the best from your complaint. You will be given the option to make your complaint by phone via our mobile app.
How does my lowcost holidays case file work?
Resolver allows you to keep a record of any email correspondence sent between you and lowcost holidays, as well any phone calls made via our mobile app. You can make private notes about your case as well as set yourself reminders. Furthermore, Resolver sends you notifications when it's time to escalate your case to help keep things on track. If you cannot resolve your complaint with lowcost holidays, Resolver enables you to escalate it to the relevant regulatory body – the contents of your case file is sent as supporting evidence.
Is it free to make a lowcost holidays complaint via Resolver?
Absolutely. Making any complaint via Resolver will never involve any costs for you, the consumer, other than the cost of any phone calls you make (at the cost of a national-rate call).
To view the lowcost holidays contact details press the button belowView lowcost holidays complaints contact details
To help you get the best response from your lowcost holidays complaint Resolver guides you through every step of the process.
To help you get the best response from your lowcost holidays complaint, Resolver can put you in touch directly with the best person or department you need to speak to. We will also advise you how to word your complaint in order to get a swift resolution to your issue.
In addition, Resolver will help you record all calls and correspondence you make via our app and website. Plus, we will help you gather all your information into a case file should you wish to escalate your lowcost holidays complaint.